Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Saturday, November 29, 2008

My identity is not in what I eat...

My identity comes from Whom I belong: I am a slave of Jesus Christ, purchased with His blood. I hold to a literal translation of the Bible: the authoritative Word of God. Salvation comes by grace alone, through faith alone. Though I am a sinner, my standing before the sovereign LORD and Creator is pure because of the blood of Christ. It is on this basis that I know that though this body dies, I will be resurrected and live in His presence forever.

Becky, a slave of Jesus Christ

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Becky,
I am always so happy to hear from another "slave of Christ". I am new to the gluten free world. Do you have any encouraging tips or websites you would recommend?
Ginger

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Ginger,
I am pleased you found my blog. Because you are a believer in Christ, you should always rest in Him, knowing that He will work this out for your best good and for His glory. Did you tune in to the live streaming of the Shepherd's Conference the last three days? There were some excellent points made on suffering yesterday. You should download General Sessions 8 and 9, by Steve Lawson and Dr. MacArthur.

You can find the link to the Shepherd's Fellowship website at my All We Like Sheep blog. Listening to those will bring you lots and lots and lots of encouragement and bring things into perspective.

I have given the rest of my response in a blog post. I think that it would be helpful for others who are new to this problem as well.

I pray that God blesses your life, Ginger.