Monday, December 22, 2008

Artichoke Dip

Costco carries the nicest Artichoke Jalapeno dip, but it contains gluten. Last year, during the holidays, I decided I was going to make my own, so I did a search on the web for recipes. As I looked over the many varieties, I realized that none of them seemed to be quite complete. I read through, chose ingredients that I thought would blend well, added some of my own and the result is decadent, fattening, unhealthy and delicious. I don't recommend it for daily consumption, but if you serve this at that special party, you won't have any leftovers.

Delicious Artichoke Pepper Dip

2 - 8 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped up
2 - 4 oz cans of green chili peppers (mild, medium, or hot according to your preference)
4 oz jar of pimento peppers, drained and chopped
1 1/2 cups gluten-free mayonnaise
2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded white cheese (Romano, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup minced red onion
1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

In a mixing bowl, stir together mayo, all cheeses, and sour cream. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients and spread into a 9 x 13 baking dish.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until light brown on top.

Yummy stuff.

No comments: