Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Close Encounters

Sigh...I haven't purposefully eaten gluten for almost 2 years, so what is up with this?

Close Encounter A
Recently we had some left over roast beef and I was heading towards the kitchen and thought I would fix myself a roast beef sandwich. My mind imagined me taking a bite of it and I was actually reaching for the wheat bread when I stopped myself. I haven't had a decent sandwich since I went gluten free. You would think it wouldn't come so naturally. So, what is up with that?

Close Encounter B
My husband teaches a men's Bible study on Tuesday nights. I figured out I can provide fresh-baked cookies, without worrying about that dangerous glutenful flour in the air, if I just buy the sugary chemical-filled Toll House cookie dough and bake it up before the guys arrive. I did that tonight: gooey peanut butter cookies. I was moving them from the bar pan to the plate. I got some of that ooey gooey stuff on my finger. I put my finger in my mouth. It tasted soooo good! I didn't swallow; I realized right off how stupid I was and went to the sink and spit and washed my mouth out. What is up with that?!?

Will I ever escape the evil Glutenator?

No comments: