Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Monday, December 22, 2008

Sugar Cookies















I received this email from my friend Sarah. And then the next week she brought each of us who are glutenly challenged in our church a sample of her handiwork. These are delicious and have a wonderful texture; thanks Sarah!

"I just had a GF baking success!!!! This is my first try at making GF sugar cookies. I must say I was a little skeptical at the prospect of rolling a GF dough, but was pleasantly surprised at the results. I do not recall which website I got this from last year (too busy then to try it!). The cookies did spread a little while baking, (maybe try a little more flour next time??) and the recipe really means 9 minutes for baking time. GF SUGAR COOKIES 3 C. GF flour mix* 1 t. soda 1 t. cream of tartar 1 C. butter (softened worked fine) 2 eggs 1 C. white sugar 1 t. flavoring (vanilla, almond,etc.) Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Beat eggs; add sugar and flavoring. Pour egg mixture into dry; mix well by hand. Chill at least 15 min. up to a few days (1 1/2 hours was good.) Roll on floured surface, cut. Bake 350 for 9 minutes - NO LONGER! Remove immediately from baking sheet. *I used Bob's Red Mill GF All-Purpose flour. The recipe lists this GF flour mix. Bette Hagman is the author of GF cookbooks. Bette Hagman's flour mix: 2/3 part Garfava bean flour 1/3 part Sorghum flour 1 part Cornstarch 1 part Tapioca flour

Have a yummy and Merry Christmas!

No comments: