Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pete's Pasta...deglutenized















I posted this recipe, complete with the story behind it, at my other blog. I am posting the recipe only here, with a picture of my gluten free version. I used a Tinkyada spiral rice pasta, but I don't have the exact name near by. I cooked it longer than the label called for and the texture was very nice. I just kept checking it until I was content.

Pete's Pasta Salad (as Pete sent it to me in an email)
pasta - [Becky's note: Pete used small shells, which were nice]
chopped green onion
sun dried tomatoes
kalamata olives - or some other exotic kind; even regular black olives, but not the pimento stuffed cocktail kind
feta cheese
Parmesan cheese
pepper to taste
salt if needed
2 earwig (optional)

You can also make a pizza with all these as toppings, but the flavor of the pesto kinda bakes out of it. It's still pretty good. Add artichoke hearts, chicken chunks, asparagus, fresh basil leaves, zucchini or whatever else you want. Bake 10 minutes, then put mozzarella cheese on top, then finish baking.

My P.S. I don't think I would use asparagus in the pizza recipe he gave and of course the dough would need to be gluten free, but I think the pesto issue could be solved by spreading some more on the top after baking.

No comments: