Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Friday, October 9, 2009

Just in Time for the Holidays

My son spent several months in the little resort town of Leavenworth, Washington and got there early in the spring when it was still winterish. He told me that he felt like he was living in Narnia, as there was snow on the pine branches and a door to points unknown in the back of his closet in his bedroom. For Mother's Day that year, he sent me a box of Liberty Orchard's Fruit Delights (my favorite flavor is pineapple)*. They are produced in nearby Cashmere, Washington and he took a tour of their candy factory. It turns out that the folks who make them are originally from somewhere on the other side of the world and they brought the original recipe for Turkish Delight with them and that is what all of their recipes today are derived from.
..................................................................

No comments: