Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hold the milk. Hold the eggs.

Life just became a bit more complicated. I have suspected that I should not be eating milk or eggs for some time, but I just didn't want to face it or admit it. I have finally come to the point that I can make gluten free versions of food that are really good, really satisfying, and now I have to start all over again. I will survive. I will figure it out. Things could be worse. Tonight I am feeling a little pouty though. A lot of my recipes just became obsolete.

However, I am quite certain that I am going to feel a lot better.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have also had to give up eggs and dairy. It is easier than I thought it would be. I am hoping I will be able to go back to dairy, but unfortunately I think I will be egg free for life. The good news is there are a lot of yummy gluten-free vegan baking recipes. =) I am sure you will find and invent some great recipes. Make sure to share them with us. Keep us updated. =D

Becky, slave of Christ said...

That is good to know, Elizabeth. The fun part was finding out late Thursday afternoon when we were going out of town on Friday. I had plans of what I was taking food-wise, but suddenly had to figure out all new things. I ended up tweaking a favorite salad recipe and it turned out really yummy, so I will get that up as soon as I can.