Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bread

Found...by my sister, a Vegan blog that is No Gluten, No Dairy, No Egg, No Soy, No Kidding: Aprovchar - Taking the full measure of life!

In the right hand column, notice the first list is her categories, and the second is her blogroll. Since she cannot have gluten, dairy, eggs, or soy, I am thinking these blogs should be helpful to us. I haven't checked through out, but I do recognize some from my own list.

The particular link my sis sent is to Mark Engelberg's Gluten-Free, Vegan Bread. What caught my attention in particular was this,

Because she had only gone without gluten for three weeks at that point, I knew she’d be a better judge of the comparison to regular bread. “Taste this,” I said, holding out a piece of bread and offering no further information. She took a bite and closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes, they filled with tears. Her face flushed, and she looked a bit embarrassed. “It’s okay to cry,” I said. “It is that good.”

My sister just stopped by and she said her favorite comment was #30 from Jazzy. I will quote the last few sentences,

I cannot thank you enough for this recipe. It brings a smile to my face and tears of joy to my heart to be able to give my daughter something so that she can eat like the rest of us. She has declared this bread, ‘dewicious!!’

I am probably going to have to try this, I am desperate for a really truly sandwich.

No comments: