Saturday, March 27, 2010

Restaurants
We finally tried out FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES! I have been wanting to go there since I heard the rumor that they cater to the glutenless, but I like to check it out ahead of time and kept thinking I needed to call them and just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
This week both of our children are on Spring Break and my husband and I, along with our daughter who is home, went to see our son and of the restaurants in his town that are safe for me, Chili's was our target. We got the address and headed off to lunch. Much to our surprise, the FIVE GUYS live right across the street. I suggested that I run in and see what they had to say.

I was impressed. Not only do they accommodate a gluten-free diet, they planned it that way from the get go. Their fries are gluten free and nothing gluteny is cooked with them. They put their buns on the grill, but in a separate area than everything else; to be sure, they have a built-in divider on the grill. The breads are on one side, the burgers, and grilled toppings are on the other. The burger is wrapped in lettuce and then in foil. The only thing I would suggest is that you bring a paper plate and a fork. With no bun to absorb the juices, some might sneak out if you don't manage your foil right. Yes, I speak from experience. They also serve peanuts in the shell. How gluten free is that?

Products
Celiac Family has an extensive list of gluten free Easter candy.

That's all I have time for right now. Happy One-Hundredth Post to me!

No comments: