Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Prayer Requests

On my other blog, All We Like Sheep, I have been posting about some health issues I have been dealing with and I realized I needed to mention it on here as well. You can go over there and get the background information, but I will say that I am having chest pressure and shortness of breath, tests don't show anything going on with my heart and I am going in on Thursday for a treadmill stress test.

I specifically want to address the gluten testing here. Because I was never diagnosed, I am always second guessing myself. I will eat and have pain and wonder if I got gluten or if something else is going on. My health really hasn't been good. I had a marked improvement when I stopped eating gluten, but I keep having more foods affect me when I eat them. I have recently realized that I need to leave peanuts alone. I am not sure that having peanut butter or a few peanuts cooked in a recipe will hurt me, but if I eat a handful of whole peanuts, my stomach hurts immediately. My doctor agrees with me that I may have celiac sprue, but he also feels that I need to eat gluten for a month and be tested to be sure. I am not thrilled at the prospect of doing this, but I really need to know what is going on with my body. I am also aware that testing doesn't guarantee results. This is why I am asking for prayers. I am praying that the Lord allows the testing to be positive for this and for whatever is going on in my chest.

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

Hi Becky, Stopping by from the Enjoy life Chocolate nest post. I hope that everything is ok and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Please take care of yourself.
Blessings,
Stephanie Lynn

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Thank you, Stephanie Lynn, I appreciate that very much. It is not pleasant dealing with the pains that fallen bodies get, but the Lord sustains me and gives me the strength to endure. I am very hopeful that my recent problem is a hiatal hernia and that I will be able to find some relief. Concerning the gluten testing, I am still praying about it.

I see in your profile that your son has autism. Have you been adjusting his diet to try to help him?