Monday, June 7, 2010

Out and About - A Sleuth Report

Update added below
Life is always too busy to post these. But here I am again. You can tell how long I go between Sleuth Reports by the size of the report! Rest assured, even though the reports are delayed, I am always collecting information for them. :)
I am a fan of Gluten Freeville on facebook. I love the facebook page (I frequent and contribute to it on a regular basis) and the website. I was reading an article today that was so good for me. So convicting. It addresses how and when to explain (or NOT explain) your gluten issues to others. Go there. Listen to what Nancy says. Heed it. You will be happier. Your friends will be happier.

Lord, help me to guard what I say.
Amen

Other Bloggers of Interest
No Gluten, No Kidding:
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Kidding:
These sites cater to more than one allergy, but not all cater to all of these allergies. Adapt. Adapt. Adapt.
Woggle Bug (This site is specifically for treating Autism, but check out those recipes!)
My Allergy Free Life (cookbook alert!)
Sixty Recipes in Sixty Days (We have already seen Sally Ashbrook at Aprovechar - this is a new project, but it is taking more than sixty days. Life does that sometimes.)

Products
Alkemie Dairy-Free Ice Cream (Hope they expand across country soon!)
Daiya Vegan Cheese (No soy, casein, lactose, gluten, egg, wheat, barley, whey, rice, or nuts! Haven't found any in stores around my town yet.)
Update: I have tried it now. I don't like it. Perhaps it is an acquired taste. We will see.

Gluten Free Information

Danger Will Robinson!

2 comments:

Allie Tries to Cook said...

thanks for the shout out to Random Teaspoon, my poor neglected little blog.

Becky, slave of Christ said...

You are welcome, Allie, I am always on the prowl for other people cooking gluten free. The more recipes the better! (I realize I just used two words you make fun of, recipe and cook, but there it is.

Do you have any kind of tracker on your blog? I have been meaning to set up google analytics for the longest time and finally did so earlier this week. The results have surprised me.