Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sleuth

UPDATE: I can't believe I failed to include the link to the article at Enjoy Life. Please say something if you notice an error like this. Everyone needs editing from time to time. It is linked now.

This one will be very short, but mostly I wanted to get the link up here for the article.

In the news:
First, Enjoy Life Foods has an informative article on their website concerning the issue of gluten-free labeling. Here is a quote to whet your appetite and get you over there:

"According to the University of Chicago Celiac Center’s Carol Shilson, 'research shows that every person with celiac disease has a different threshold to trigger the disease active – some with as little as 10mg of gluten, others can withstand up to 100mg – but we know that EVERY person with celiac disease triggers the disease active with 100mg of gluten in the course of a day. That is a tiny amount – like a grain of rice – so that is why it is so important to practice zero tolerance.'”

Products:
Joan's Gluten Free Great Bakes has some yummy looking products and she delivers.

I just bought some Daiya Cheese (the mozzerella flavored), which I mentioned under products in the last Report. I haven't tried it yet, but a friend on facebook mentioned that they sell it at Fred Meyers. She didn't give it a great review (she said it tastes like theater popcorn butter, but my taste buds are fairly jaded by now and will probably like it.

That's all for now folks! (I told you it would be short.)

No comments: