Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

There is no substitute for cheese (at least I haven't found it yet)

Daiya Cheese = not grate.

I bought the mozzarella-flavored Daiya cheese substitute. I said in my last post that a friend had tried it and said it tastes like bad movie popcorn. I told her and you that I expected I would get along with it okay. I do not. It is awful. Sure it melts and stretches, but it tastes like chemical-laden, cheap microwave popcorn. I really appreciate the efforts of the Daiya people, but I can't stand this stuff.

I was really looking forward to some pizza, but I am going to forge ahead making new recipes with new flavors and fall in love with them instead.

(I know, the picture is supposed to be making fun of bad TP, but I think it fits with this dilemma as well. Especially since the stuff I had today also reminded me of cardboard-flavored cheap frozen pizza.)

1 comment:

Becky, slave of Christ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.