Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chixican Dinner

I was too hot to sleep, so I decided to post what we had for dinner. In my quest for flavor, variety, and ease of preparation in my "free" world, I combined four ingredients I had on hand and came up with another tasty meal. I realize my photos aren't Living Without quality, but usually when it is ready, I am too. I am hungry and do well if I remember to take a picture, let alone get the food to pose for me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one, I know we did.

Chixican Dinner
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Kidding
3 uncooked chicken breasts (these may be cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 16 oz. can Rosarita refried beans (I used fat free)
1/2 of a 24 oz. container Chachies Mango Peach Salsa (links: gluten free, info about salsa, respectively)
About 1 cup of crunched up gluten-free tortilla chips
Salt to taste

Spread refried beans in the bottom of a casserole dish (mine is about 9"x9"x2"). Place chicken breasts on top of beans (or spread pieces evenly across). Scatter the chips, and then spread the salsa, evenly across the chicken and beans. You can either salt the dish some now, or wait until you serve it and allow people to salt their own.

Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour. I served this with shredded coleslaw and avocado slices. Those that could added a dollop of sour cream, but those that couldn't (me) didn't miss it a bit.

No comments: