Sunday, July 18, 2010

Link Omission Remedied

FYI: I was looking for the link for the article on gluten free labeling and was surprised to find there was none. I have gone back to the Sleuth Report where it should have been and remedied that situation.

Also, I tried my first round of No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Kidding homemade mayonnaise. The taste is almost there, but the texture needs work. I got impatient for it to thicken and kept adding thickeners. I ended up with something with a consistency similar to a thick cake batter. I will be posting an actual recipe with actual measurements when I get it right. Aunt Lorena was a wonderful cook, but this recipe is too important for approximations. I take my mayonnaise very seriously. Check back on this. I will post a picture of the first batch as soon as I can. Busy day.

No comments: