Friday, December 31, 2010

Desperately Seeking Lunch

Sorry, no photo of the results.
The food is in my tummy,
and it wasn't until I was eating it that
I knew I wanted to tell you about it.
You can feast your eyes on these
 frost-tipped, crispy leaves instead.
Okay. I have no time for this, but here I am. I just had lunch. Lunch is a tough meal for me. I have a hard time figuring out what to have. But today, I found a yummy twist on an old standby. 

Today's Tortilla
1 rice tortilla (Food for Life is gluten free - available at Fred Meyer)
Refried beans
Chachie's Mango Peach Salsa (available at Freddy's and at WinCo)
Raw almonds
Avocado

All quantities of toppings are flexible.

Spread the refried beans on the tortilla, top with almonds and a little bit of the salsa. Turn the the broiler in your oven on high and broil for 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer to your plate and add avocado slices and more salsa. Yum.

Obviously you can vary this in many ways, but the resulting toast of those almonds and the added protein do wonders for this tortilla. Really, it is the best solution to my diet restrictions for a burrito-type food yet.

No comments: