Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Repost: Con Agra allergen policy


HOLD THE PHONE! This post was originally published in August of 2009, but I am reposting here due to new information.


I just did a search on the Con Agra website instead of checking here and I am glad I did. Their information isn't easy to find, and I actually ran across an FAQ page that specifically addresses gluten. I am not impressed. I won't be using their products unless they change their policy. The problem: they don't include all forms of gluten, only wheat. They label wheat on their labels, but not rye, barley, or contaminated oats. Man am I frustrated and disappointed!

Original post:
Con Agra doesn't have specific allergens listed on their site, but they have answered this question on their FAQ page: "Do your products contain ingredients that I'm allergic to?"

I hate it when I find out I have been shooting myself in the foot.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I e-mailed them earlier this year about a few specific products and instead of letting me know about those products they just sent me the same blanket response they have listed on their site. I was definitely disappointed as well!

Becky, slave of Christ said...

Michelle,
Thanks for stopping by. I will say this. The eliminating of products that I have done recently has really made a difference. I am feeling so much better.

I checked out your profile and saw you are following some gluten-free blogs, but I can't tell who is gluten free in your home. Is it you?