Here there be cookies.

Here there be cookies. (Blogger uses cookies, folks, but I am sure they are gluten free.)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sleuthing out those Gluten Residuals

Most of the gluteny foods left my house a long time ago, but sometimes I run across an item that has been in hiding. I have been trying to send this home with people for a couple of months or so and last night I got desperate and put it out for my husband's men's Bible study. Someone took the bait! Note: Aaron is the husband of Sarah of Sarah bakes again. He didn't get to come last night because he is sick, but the bottle didn't know that at the time it was writing the note.

Out and about on the web
I was directed to an article on safely freezing foods. If you are like me, you often take your own foods to other people's homes. I sometimes like to make extra when I cook and freeze it for those occasions and this article has information I have not heard of before.

From the Gluten Free Recipe Box, Raw Almond Pistachio Ice Cream! No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Kidding!

It occurs to me that I haven't really been out and about much of late. Those are my only two bits of information to share. I did send off an email to a company inquiring about their products this morning, but I haven't heard back yet; when I do, you will. 

I am definitely getting gluten from something in my home, but I haven't nailed it down yet. I have almost decided that I will attend our ladies' cookie exchange at church this year. I am wishy-washy, but the thought of being in a room full of glutenful cookies is a bit unnerving. It isn't reasonable to be that paranoid - which is why I have almost decided to attend. It was suggested that this is a good way to have some glutendeath cookies on hand for my glutenable family during Christmas break, which is true. I am certainly not going to bake any for them. So I have almost, absolutely, nearly decided to attend.

No comments: