Monday, January 17, 2011

Applesleuth - in which advancement of understanding is pursued

Back to School!
I am going back to school! I have enrolled in a course on editing and am very excited to get at it. It is possible to download the first lesson as a demo, and I did. I discovered that I for the past 15-20 years I have been a copy editor and didn't know what to call myself. I have edited for family, friends, and even friends of friends through that time at no charge. I have figured out how to do edit and developed various methods to improve interaction between myself and those I edited for on my own, but I have recently crossed over into the charging-for-my-services world and feel I need some skill-polishing in order to be more efficient and effective. After seeking advice from trusted friends, I discovered an online course through a university in my state that seems to have been designed with me in mind! I begin the class Wednesday and must complete it in eight weeks, and I am very, very excited!!!

Laboratory Breakthroughs!
I am so appreciative of Dr. Vikki Petersen's understanding of the gluten dilemma. Her explanation of why some other foods bother us is very helpful. 



Cyrex Labs is the innovative laboratory that Dr. Vikki Petersen is referencing. Keep in mind that this service is not available to the patient; you must go through your doctor. 

Thanks to glutenfreeville.com for the heads up on this great news!

Sweeties
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Kidding! product to look into -  The Gluten Free Bar. They come in two flavors - Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter/Chocolate. These bars contain soy protein.

No Gluten, No Dairy, No Eggs, No Soy, No Kidding! Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe! I have all of the ingredients (except I will use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips) and plan to make these ASAP!

No comments: