Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ketchup

As time goes by, I sometimes forget which brands I have discovered are safe. This is probably a good thing; it makes me sleuth out fresh information. Today I needed to confirm which ketchup I use because we have more than one brand in the fridge (my husband is not gluten free), and I wasn’t sure which was the right one—I don’t use much ketchup. I searched on here and found that Heinz is the preferred brand, and I followed the link I had posted for it, only to discover the page doesn’t exist anymore. After a bit of digging, I found their latest gluten policy and thought I would post that link here. It is an encouraging one. I haven’t time to dig deeper, but I liked what I read.

Heinz on gluten labeling. The link is their dietary wellness page. Scroll down and click on Gluten-Free.

I still haven’t made my own ketchup to get away from the dreaded high fructose corn syrup. Honesty, I don’t know if I ever will, but I did can my own dill pickles this year for the first time. They turned out nice! I have some other recipes to share with you as well. I will try to get to those very soon.

Right now, I am going to look up a recipe and put dinner in the crockpot. I start a new job today!

No comments: